A school’s most essential role forward with educating graduate is protecting them throughout the daily learning sessions. Many Schools worldwide prefer to filter web content by denying access to certain websites believed to be harmful, unsuitable, or even nasty. It’s the role of the teacher to ensure that graduate follow the right path of learning even in their absence by shielding them from accessing harmful web page. Some families will be well conscious of the need to apply internet content filtering to websites not favorable for young children even when they are on holiday seasons. According to a survey, many institution block certain websites that may include irrelevant and harmful content for the following reasons.
1. In most cases during the school day, when students are out of the classes for break time or when in the middle of the attending sessions, teachers will not know what scholars are doing on their internet-connected devices. Internet filtering provides secure privileges on dangerous websites that a schoolchild will be influenced to access.
2. The school servers are restricted to all social media networks that will allow students to create group forums that are not associated with studies only for staff or administrator access. Websites that are not based on a school program can lead to lower performances by distracting their learning processes. Students can easily cause damages to the school in-build system through infection of malicious viruses or strangers hacking the whole school program.
3. Another website to consider blocking are XVideos that gives access to pornography practices. At schools, if students are not protected accordingly, it can also be a room for practicing nasty uploaded videos that are disgusting. Cases of blocking these websites in institution can help minimize the issues of violence amongst students, teachers, or even parents.
4. The argument for schools blocking websites develops the student’s knowledge to enhance in finding the information that is required without even access to searching the internet. This makes it clear where researching a subject from simple search engines can return to outrageous images or ads in the summary results. YouTube is another site where schools should prevent learners from viewing. It’s true at YouTube is a point where we can streamline news and other important happenings of the world, but at the same time, we can find illegal music downloads containing adult content that can lead to distracting the life education of youths. Blocking of such sites can help minimize fraud activities and cyber-attack taking place.
5. All gaming sites are also restricted, this is because there are games that are extremely dangerous due to violence. Dating sites are included as they can lead to downloads and uploads of photos and videos that can slow the servers by taking too much of its space. This helps to keep scholars from being entertained by more dangerous graphic content.
To summarize this, banning websites at schools should be mandatory and not debated. It gives a reason why learners stay focused on the task and keeping them safe as they grow to become more independent.